03 maart 2017

David Hockney #14


David Hockney’s workspace in the Hollywood Hills.


Recent (2016, hk) works in the studio.




Works for his upcoming show at the Royal Academy.


The setup for Hockney’s portrait series.



"....
“I moved here in 1964,” David Hockney told me one sunny afternoon in December at his Hollywood Hills studio. “I flew out here direct. I didn’t know a soul. I didn’t drive. Within a week I got a driver’s license, I got a studio, I got a little apartment, and I thought, ‘This is the place to be—in the land of swimming pools.’ ”
....
When I visited the studio, Hockney was hard at work making paintings for an exhibition that opens at the Royal Academy of Art in London in July, which will have 79 portraits depicting people he’s crossed paths with over the past two and a half years in the L.A. art world. “I wasn’t planning on doing this many at first,” he said, “but when I got to about 15 I realized I could probably go on forever.”
...." (bron: Artnews, foto's: Katherine McMahon)

Nog t/m 29 mei 2017 is de grote overzichtstentoonstelling van David Hockney te zien in Tate, Londen. (hk)

> David Hockney

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten