09 november 2012

Tracey Emin #2









"It's late in the day, and the 15 people that she employs are long gone. As Emin walks through the building, she turns on lights. It's clear why the studio took two and a half years to complete. There is an installation and sculpture room, as well as individual spaces for sewing, embroidery and drawing. On the top floor, Emin has her own private studio, with a kitchen, a well-stocked wine rack, a bedroom and bathroom. "I put the bedroom in because sometimes I don't sleep very well at night and sometimes I like to rest in the afternoon," she says. "But I've been thinking that when I'm really old and the stairs get too much for me at home, then I could just put an elevator in here and move in." (bron: Wall Street Journal, artikel: Wall Street Journal Online)


(foto: Michael Bodiam, onderdeel van het Audi City Project)


(foto: Robin Friend, uit het boek Sanctuary, Britain's Artists and their Studios)